- Bitkom Digital Association
- Project Management Smart School & Women in Digital
- Digital Transformation with German Education System
- Strong Networks for Women in Tech
- Empowerment STEM Education for Girls
- Studies in Political Science & European Governance
- Vice President eCompany Products
- Products for Digital Transformation
- Leading Initiative Artificial Intelligence Enterprise
- Studies in Physics and Product Design
- PhD Human Computer Interaction
- Vice President Digital Transformation
- Technology and Innovation
- Complexity Theory
- Digital Female Leader Award
- Master of Science Informatics
- Head of Group Security Services
- Fraud Management
- Human Resources Security
- Building Security
- IT Security
- Cyber Defence Center
- Chairman of the BITKOM Security Steering Committee
- Adviser to the German Federal Government and German Parliament
- Degree in communications engineering
- Senior Manager Robotics & Artificial Intelligence
- Design Thinking Facilitator
- Corporate Entrepreneur
- Director of Women@T
- Winner of the Digital Female Leader Award 2018 in category IT-TECH
- Studies in Telecommunications Engineering
- Senior Vice President Public Cloud Managed Services and Big Data
- Member of the Supervisory Board: Trusted Cloud e.V.
- Board Member of BITKOM working group: Cloud Computing and Outsourcing
- University Degree in Technical-Oriented Business
- Squad Lead Big Data Analytics Partner Product & IoT Partner Manager
- Partner Management
- IoT Partner Ecosystem
- Agile Working
- Master of Science in Business Admin.
- Dr.rer.pol. Business Admin.
- Head of Data Analytics IoT & Tribelead Data Intelligence Hub
- Big Data
- IoT Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Agile Working
- Master of Economics
Women’s STEM Award 2019
EVALUATION IS RUNNING
140 graduates worldwide joined the competition to win the women's STEM Award from audimax and Deutsche Telekom
For the sixth time already, audimax and Deutsche Telekom introduced women from STEM courses to submit their theses and join the competition around the topic "growth areas of the future: Cloud, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security and Networks of the Future".
The announcement of which thesis convinced the jury the most will be soon. The award ceremony will take place at the Telekom headquarters in Bonn. The winners will recieve their prize money - EUR 3,000 for the best submitted work, EUR 500 for the most outstanding work in each growth field – and will be able to get in touch with Deutsche Telekom.
"Diversity in management teams has a major impact on the innovative power of business enterprises. Companies that foster a monoculture in today's fast-paced and innovative digital economy will be left by the wayside. Diversity means bringing together people of different nationalities, educational backgrounds and genders. We must also make sure that we provide more women with the expertise they need to play an active part in areas where they are still under-represented, for example, the STEM subjects. As a physicist, therefore, I am very pleased to be patron of the Women's STEM Award. My tip to all young women is, be bold. Take the opportunity that STEM offers you – exciting careers and interesting development opportunities await you."
Internet of Things
The Internet of Things has long been more than just an abstract vision. Market researchers estimate that by 2020 some 30 billion "things" worldwide, such as elevators, cars and refrigerators, will be connected via the Internet. Solutions from the Industrial Internet allow companies to automate workflows, optimize supply chains by using intelligent software, and deploy their machinery safely and efficiently. We look forward to hearing about how you tackle the topic!
Machine learning, thinking robots and intelligent navigation: in the growth field of Artificial Intelligence, we are looking for scenarios for, and analyses of, the use of artificial intelligence in every sphere of life. What might AI mean for medicine and care, and what might it bring to logistics or the automotive industry? What are the opportunities and risks? Surprise us with a piece of work that pushes the boundaries of possibility!
Attacks on the information infrastructures in cyber space are becoming increasingly complex and professional. At the same time, companies, state and citizens grow ever more dependent on IT, and so the potential for damage increases accordingly. Cyber security extends the area of activity of traditional IT security to cover all of cyber space. This makes modern information and communication technology practically in its entirety part of cyber space.
Networks of the Future
Streaming films in HD, high-speed surfing, video telephony – demands on the network are rising steadily. In order to cope with the rapidly growing data volumes, the network capacity needs to be constantly increased. In addition, innovations in applications, e.g. connected cars, are opening up new possibilities for industry and end customers. Whether in mobile communications with 5G or in the fixed network with vectoring or the fiber-optic rollout – fast Internet connections are crucial to economic and social development.
With increasing importance of cloud technology and the growing number of important data, which is stored in it, many use cases and fileds of research are the result of it. From the enabler of the internet of things up totally new customer experiences. Share your vision of use cases according to cloud technology with us!
Please send the following documents in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org:
To participate please send us:
- The final assignment in English or German
- A CV
- The agreement to terms and conditions via online registration on challenge.telekom.com/en/challenges/women-stem-award-2019/. No other formats will be accepted.
For further questions about the award or the participation itself please send your requests to Inga Walliser email@example.com.
The following individuals are eligible to participate:
- Students and graduates of STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) of all universities worldwide.
- Your thesis (Bachelor / Master thesis or diploma thesis) can be written in Englisch or German. The thesis has been submittet within the last 18 months.
- Your thesis is related to one of our growth areas of the future: Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security, Networks of the Future and Cloud.
- The most convincing piece of work from one of the growth areas will be awarded 3.000 Euros.
- In addition, each growth area will be awarded 500 Euros.
- A jury of experts will review all of the papers submitted and select the winning pieces of work the 8th of May 2019.
- We will inform the winners in writing and invite them to our major award ceremony in June 2019.
Deutsche Telekom: We shape the digital world to bring people closer together
We are paving the way into the gigabit society. As a leading ICT company, we are shaping the digital world of tomorrow with our innovative solutions for consumers and business customers. Our mission is to bring people closer together and to simplify and enrich their lives in the long term.
To achieve this, our employees connect everything that can be connected. They change the business world with pioneering cloud offerings, make the Internet a safer place with Magenta Security solutions, and make cars talk to each other. They make sure other companies are future-ready with new business models and innovation projects like artificial intelligence, IoT, M2M and Industry 4.0 – small and medium-sized companies as well as global players. Our customers come from every industry and have one thing in common: they all need a partner with innovative minds on its team. Namely us.
And we can guarantee that our jobs are as exciting and varied as our business. Let's work together to drive digitization forward. You can find your perfect entry route at: www.telekom.com/jobsearch.
Our innovations aren't just trailblazers for the digital future. They emerge as part of a workplace and corporate culture in which sharing ideas is top of the agenda, and the seemingly impossible is made possible. As a pioneer in the digital revolution, we use the best technologies, we are constantly learning, and we grow with every new challenge. It is in this inspiring working environment that our colleagues turn visions into reality.
Who we need
We are looking for individuals who can share their ideas, helping us to translate technological innovation into top-class products and solutions. People who see things from a different perspective and who question established ideas. Team players who are passionate about helping shape future trends in a connected world.
STEM and audimax
The students' magazine audimax contains interesting articles for students, graduates and school students on the subjects of study, student life and careers.
MINT Zukunft schaffen
The initiative MINT Zukunft schaffen (STEM creating the future) has devoted itself to one of the most pressing problems facing the German economy, namely the lack of skilled professionals in STEM subjects. In response, it offers a broad platform for a wide range of individual initiatives. We have been actively involved since its foundation.