- Senior Vice President Business Solution Operations
- Deutsche Telekom IT GmbH +++ CIO / Technologist
- Lead-Agile Leader
- World-Leading IoT
- Winner of Women in IT Award
- Data Scientist
- MBA National Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Vice President Digital Transformation
- Technology and Innovation
- Complexity Theory
- Digital Female Leader Award
- Master of Science Informatics
- Vice President eCompany Products
- Products for Digital Transformation
- Leading Initiative Artificial Intelligence Enterprise
- Studies in Physics and Product Design
- PhD Human Computer Interaction
- Head of Indirect Sales & Partnering IoT
- Partner Management
- IoT Partner Ecosystem
- Telekom IoT
- Agiles Arbeiten
- Master of Science in Business Administration
- Dr.rer.pol. Business Administration
- Head of Data Analytics IoT & Tribelead Data Intelligence Hub
- Big Data
- IoT Analytics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Agile Working
- Master of Economics
- Head of Group Security Services
- Fraud Management
- Human Resources Security
- Building Security
- IT Security
- Cyber Defence Center
- Chairman of the BITKOM Security Steering Committee
- Adviser to the German Federal Government and German Parliament
- Graduate engineer
- Senior Vice President Public Cloud Managed Services and Big Data
- Member of the Supervisory Board: Trusted Cloud e.V.
- Board Member of BITKOM working group: Cloud Computing and Outsourcing
- University Degree in Technical-Oriented Business
- Expert Security Management
- T-Systems International GmbH
- Strategic Alignment Internal Security
- Master of Arts in Europäistik
- Master of Science in International Management
- Bitkom Digital Association
- Digital Transformation with German Education System
- Strong Networks for Women in Tech
- Empowerment STEM Education for Girls and young female talents in IT
- Master Erasmus Mundus Euroculture
Women’s STEM Award 2020
For the seventh time, Deutsche Telekom praises the Women's STEM Award. STEM graduates from all over the world can submit their thesis with focus on one of the strategic growth areas: Cloud, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security and Networks of the Future. The best thesis will be awarded 3,000 euros. In addition, each innovative topic will be awarded 500 € and special prize for Social Impact will be honored with an extra amount of 500 €.
Your bachelor or master thesis is (almost) completed? You studied a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)? Perfect. Apply now with your thesis and convince our jury!
• First prize: 3,000 Euros, additional prizes: 500 Euros, special prize: 500 Euros
• Topics referring to the following strategic growth fields: Cloud, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security and Networks of the Future
• Special prize for Social Impact: How does your work contribute to positively changing our society? This year, we are awarding a special prize to the thesis that deals with one of our five growth areas and furthermore devotes itself in a special way to the topic of Social Impact.
• Application period: 30th November – 8th March 2020 here
Below you can find all information on the strategic growth fields and conditions for participation.
"Diversity in management teams has a major impact on the innovative power of business enterprises. Companies that foster a monoculture in today's fast-paced and innovative digital economy will be left by the wayside. Diversity means bringing together people of different nationalities, educational backgrounds and genders. We must also make sure that we provide more women with the expertise they need to play an active part in areas where they are still under-represented, for example, the STEM subjects. As a physicist, therefore, I am very pleased to be patron of the Women's STEM Award. My tip to all young women is, be bold. Take the opportunity that STEM offers you – exciting careers and interesting development opportunities await you."
With increasing importance of cloud technology and the growing number of important data, which is stored in it, many use cases and fileds of research are the result of it. From the enabler of the internet of things up totally new customer experiences. Share your vision of use cases according to cloud technology with us!
Internet of Things
The Internet of Things has long been more than just an abstract vision. Solutions from the Industrial Internet allow companies to automate workflows, optimize supply chains by using intelligent software, and deploy their machinery safely and efficiently. We look forward to hearing about how you tackle the topic!
Machine learning, thinking robots and intelligent navigation: in the growth field of Artificial Intelligence, we are looking for scenarios for, and analyses of, the use of artificial intelligence in every sphere of life. What might AI mean for medicine and care, and what might it bring to logistics or the automotive industry? What are the opportunities and risks? Surprise us with a piece of work that pushes the boundaries of possibility!
Attacks on the information infrastructures in cyber space are becoming increasingly complex and professional. At the same time, companies, state and citizens grow ever more dependent on IT, and so the potential for damage increases accordingly. Cyber security extends the area of activity of traditional IT security to cover all of cyber space. This makes modern information and communications technology practically in its entirety part of cyber space.
Networks of the Future
Demands on the network are rising steadily. In order to cope with the rapidly growing data volumes, the network capacity needs to be constantly increased. In addition, innovations in applications are opening up new possibilities for industry and end customers. Whether in mobile communications with 5G or in the fixed network with vectoring or the fiber-optic rollout – fast Internet connections are crucial to economic and social development.
Sign up here with the following documents:
For further questions about the award or the participation itself please send your requests to Inga Walliser firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following individuals are eligible to participate:
- Students and graduates of STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) of all universities worldwide.
- Your thesis (Bachelor / Master thesis or diploma thesis) can be written in Englisch or German. The thesis has been submitted within the last 18 months.
- Your thesis is related to one of our growth areas of the future: Cloud, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security and Networks of the Future.
- The most convincing piece of work from one of the growth areas will be awarded 3.000 Euros.
- In addition, each growth area will be awarded 500 Euros.
- Special prize Social Impact: 500 Euro for the work that is dedicated to the topic Social Impact in a special way.
- A jury of experts will review all of the papers submitted and select the winning pieces of work until end of May.
- We will inform the winners in writing and invite them to our major award ceremony.
Deutsche Telekom: We shape the digital world to bring people closer together
We are paving the way into the gigabit society. As a leading ICT company, we are shaping the digital world of tomorrow with our innovative solutions for consumers and business customers. Our mission is to bring people closer together and to simplify and enrich their lives in the long term.
To achieve this, our employees connect everything that can be connected. They change the business world with pioneering cloud offerings, make the Internet a safer place with Magenta Security solutions, and make cars talk to each other. They make sure other companies are future-ready with new business models and innovation projects like artificial intelligence, IoT, M2M and Industry 4.0 – small and medium-sized companies as well as global players. Our customers come from every industry and have one thing in common: they all need a partner with innovative minds on its team. Namely us.
And we can guarantee that our jobs are as exciting and varied as our business. Let's work together to drive digitization forward. You can find your perfect entry route at: www.telekom.com/jobsearch.
Our innovations aren't just trailblazers for the digital future. They emerge as part of a workplace and corporate culture in which sharing ideas is top of the agenda, and the seemingly impossible is made possible. As a pioneer in the digital revolution, we use the best technologies, we are constantly learning, and we grow with every new challenge. It is in this inspiring working environment that our colleagues turn visions into reality.
Who we need
We are looking for individuals who can share their ideas, helping us to translate technological innovation into top-class products and solutions. People who see things from a different perspective and who question established ideas. Team players who are passionate about helping shape future trends in a connected world.
STEM and audimax
The students' magazine audimax contains interesting articles for students, graduates and school students on the subjects of study, student life and careers.
MINT Zukunft schaffen
The initiative MINT Zukunft schaffen (STEM creating the future) has devoted itself to one of the most pressing problems facing the German economy, namely the lack of skilled professionals in STEM subjects. In response, it offers a broad platform for a wide range of individual initiatives. We have been actively involved since its foundation.